Sunday 29 September 2013

Boob Tube Review

I was reading an item on the BBC Entertainment & Arts page about which of the cretinous Saturday evening entertainment programmes put out by the various TV channels got the most viewers on the night. They don't seem to realise that if you want to see them all, you just watch one and record the others to play back later. You can't tell me that someone who watches Strictly is not also going to want to see X Factor as well. Personally, if I wanted to watch them all, I would always record the ITV ones to watch later; that way, I could fast-forward through all the tiresome commercials.


Can you believe – the Miss World Competition is still going on. I thought it had died a death years ago. It was won by Miss Philippines, an American called Megan Young who promised to be “the best Miss World ever”. She will have her work cut out there. The rabid feminist protesters have been replaced by those other champions of women's rights, Islamic fundamentalists, but the rest of it is still the same; the cheesy grins, the bikini flesh parade, the weeping winner. Apparently, it was broadcast in 180 countries but I don't recall seeing it in the TV schedules. I must have been too busy watching X Factor.

No comments:

Post a Comment