Wednesday 23 October 2013

Spam Spam Spam


The Thamesmead Grump has received its first Nigerian 419 scam email. Not a very good one though. This is what it looks like


I am in the military unit here in Afghanistan,we have some amount of funds that we want to move out of the country.My partners and I need a good partner someone we can trust. It is risk free and legal. Reply to this email majoralanedward81@yahoo.clSincerelyMajor.Alan Edward


To be honest, the quality has really dropped off lately and where I would once receive 20 to 30 a week, now I hardly get any. If you want more information on 419 scams have a look here. I think part of the reason is that so many people now respond to these emails in order to 'bait' the scammer. It takes up so much of the scammers time to identify the genuine mug that it's becoming less worth their time.


And now for something
Really Nasty!!!

I received a message on Facebook just recently about a child who, it was alleged, had been kidnapped by an Asian 'grooming gang'. The child, Amy Hamilton, age 6 and described as being last seen in Croydon. There is a phone number to call if you have any information. This is a truly dreadful hoax; there is no such person as Amy Hamilton, or if there is, she hasn't ever been kidnapped and is not the person pictured in the poster. It's not the first time this group has done this. Almost all of these stories are fake; why don't people do some basic checks before posting this garbage? All I did was to Google the name of the contact (The Daily Bale) and it pulled up lots of information about them and this story in particular. I don't like Nazis much anyway but this lot seem to be the worst of a bad bunch.

x

No comments:

Post a Comment